Wednesday, May 27: 3 new positive cases, 1 new death. Total now 502 cases, 21 deaths.
Previous report, Tuesday, May 26
- Solano County reported only 3 new positive cases today, total is now 502.
- 1 new death today, total is now 21. No further details are given.
- No new cases among young persons 18 and under, hopefully a significant pause in the recent alarming upward trend in this age group. The County reported 18 new cases among our youth in the last 15 days, having reported only 6 over the 5 weeks prior. (See table below).
BY AGE GROUP
- No new cases were reported today among young persons under 19 years of age, total of 24 cases, 4.8% of total confirmed cases. (See table below.)
- All 3 of today’s new cases were persons 19-64 years of age, total of 357 cases, 71% of the total. No new deaths in this age group, total of 4. Note that 44 of the 357 cases in this age group have been hospitalized at one time, 12% of total cases in the age group. (It is unclear whether the 4 deaths were ever hospitalized.)
- No new cases today of persons 65 or older, total of 121 cases, 24% of the total. 1 new death, total of 16. Note that 31 of the 121 cases in this age group (26%) were hospitalized at one time, approximately double the percentage in the mid-age group. (It is unclear whether the 16 deaths in this age group were ever hospitalized.)
Recent surge in positive cases among youth 18 and under
|Wednesday, May 27, 2020||0||24|
|Tuesday, May 26, 2020 (3-day holiday weekend)||7||24|
|Friday, May 22, 2020||0||17|
|Thursday, May 21, 2020||3||17|
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||0||14|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||0||14|
|Monday, May 18, 2020||1||14|
|Friday, May 15, 2020||2||13|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||3||11|
|Wednesday, May 13, 2020||1||8|
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020||1||7|
|Monday, May 11, 2020||0||6|
|Friday, May 8, 2020||0||6|
|Thursday, May 7, 2020||0||6|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020||0||6|
|Tuesday, May 5, 2020||0||6|
|Monday, May 4, 2020||0||6|
- Vallejo added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 286.
- Fairfield added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 96.
- Vacaville remained at 51 cases.
- Suisun City remained at 25 cases.
- Benicia remained at 23 cases.
- Dixon added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 11.
- Rio Vista and “Unincorporated” are still not assigned numerical data: today both remain at <10 (less than 10). The total numbers for other cities add up to 492, leaving 10 cases somewhere among the 2 locations in this “<10” category (same as last reported). Residents and city officials have pressured County officials for city case counts. Today’s data is welcome, but still incomplete.
ACTIVE CASES: 66 of the 502 cases are currently active – 1 more than yesterday. Note that the county does not report WHERE the active cases are. Below you will see that only 19 are currently hospitalized, which leaves 47 of these 66 active cases out in our communities somewhere, and hopefully quarantined.
HOSPITAL IMPACT: The County shows 19 of the 75 hospitalized cases are CURRENTLY hospitalized, 1 more than previously reported. The County’s count of ICU beds available and ventilator supply remains at “GOOD” at 31-100%. (No information is given on our supply of test kits, PPE and staff.)
The County reports that 10,702 residents have been tested as of today, an increase of 202 residents tested since yesterday.
We still have a long way to go: only 2.4% of Solano County’s 447,643 residents (2019) have been tested. NOTE: State run testing sites in Vallejo and Vacaville are open to anyone.
Solano’s steady upward curve – as of May 27
This chart shows the infection’s steady upward trajectory in Solano County. Our “curve” continues to creep up. Our nursing homes, long-term care facilities and jails bear watching!