Thursday, May 28: 7 new positive cases, 1 new death. Total now 509 cases, 22 deaths.
Previous report, Wednesday, May 27
- Solano County reported 7 new positive cases today, total of 509.
- 1 new death today, total of 22.
- ALARMING TREND: Solano County is reporting an upward trend in confirmed cases among young persons 18 and under, adding 3 more youths today. NOTE that the County reported 21 new cases among our youth in the last 16 days, having reported only 6 over the 5 weeks prior. (See table below).
BY AGE GROUP
- 3 new cases were reported today among young persons under 19 years of age, total of 27 cases, increasing from 4.8% to 5.3% of total confirmed cases. (See table below.)
- 3 of today’s new cases were persons 19-64 years of age, total of 360 cases, 71% of the total. 1 new death in this age group, total of 5. Note that 44 of the 360 cases in this age group have been hospitalized at one time, 12% of total cases in the age group. (It is unclear whether the 5 deaths were ever hospitalized.)
- 1 new case today of persons 65 or older, total of 122 cases, 24% of the total. 1 new death, total of 17. Note that 31 of the 122 cases in this age group (25%) were hospitalized at one time, more than double the percentage in the mid-age group. (It is unclear whether the 17 deaths in this age group were ever hospitalized.)
- Note that the County reports only one additional death overall today, but we find 1 new death reported here in each of two age groups. Not sure why.
Recent surge in positive cases among youth 18 and under
|Thursday, May 28, 2020||3||27|
|Wednesday, May 27, 2020||0||24|
|Tuesday, May 26, 2020 (3-day holiday weekend)||7||24|
|Friday, May 22, 2020||0||17|
|Thursday, May 21, 2020||3||17|
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||0||14|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||0||14|
|Monday, May 18, 2020||1||14|
|Friday, May 15, 2020||2||13|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||3||11|
|Wednesday, May 13, 2020||1||8|
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020||1||7|
|Monday, May 11, 2020||0||6|
|Friday, May 8, 2020||0||6|
|Thursday, May 7, 2020||0||6|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020||0||6|
|Tuesday, May 5, 2020||0||6|
|Monday, May 4, 2020||0||6|
- Vallejo added 3 of today’s new cases, total of 289.
- Fairfield added 2 of today’s new cases, total of 98.
- Vacaville added 2 of today’s new cases, total of 53.
- Suisun City remained at 25 cases.
- Benicia remained at 23 cases.
- Dixon remained at 11 cases.
- Rio Vista and “Unincorporated” are still not assigned numerical data: today both remain at <10 (less than 10). The total numbers for other cities add up to 499, leaving 10 cases somewhere among the 2 locations in this “<10” category (same as last reported). Residents and city officials have pressured County officials for city case counts. Today’s data is welcome, but still incomplete.
ACTIVE CASES: 72 of the 509 cases are currently active – 6 more than yesterday. Note that the county does not report WHERE the active cases are. Below you will see that only 20 are currently hospitalized, which leaves 52 of these 72 active cases out in our communities somewhere, and hopefully quarantined.
HOSPITAL IMPACT: The County shows 20 of the 75 hospitalized cases are CURRENTLY hospitalized, 1 more than yesterday, following a similar increase the day before. The County’s count of ICU beds available and ventilator supply remains at “GOOD” at 31-100%. (No information is given on our supply of test kits, PPE and staff.)
TESTING: The County reports that 10,839 residents have been tested as of today, an increase of only 137 residents tested since yesterday.
We still have a long way to go: only 2.4% of Solano County’s 447,643 residents (2019) have been tested. NOTE: State run testing sites in Vallejo and Vacaville are open to anyone.
Solano’s steady upward curve – as of May 28
This chart shows the infection’s steady upward trajectory in Solano County. Our “curve” continues to creep up. Our nursing homes, long-term care facilities and jails bear watching!