Solano COVID report: 3 deaths and 134 new cases over the weekend.
Solano County COVID report on Monday, April 26:[Source: see far below. See also my ARCHIVE spreadsheet of daily Solano COVID updates.]
On April 26, Solano County reported 3 new deaths, and 134 new COVID cases, averaging 47 new cases per day, well over our average of 39 new cases per day during the first two weeks of April. Reports are that Solano will not be joining all other Bay Area counties in the State’s orange tier anytime soon. Solano’s Active cases fell dramatically today from 377 to 214. Our percent positivity rate fell from 5.8% to 5.4%.
Cases among youth and young adults increasing
The County reported 40 new cases among children 0-17 years of age today, increasing to 12.1% of total cases. Those aged 18-49 reported 114 new cases, remaining at 55.4% of total cases. The County reports a continued low in numbers among those aged 50-64 (only 26 new cases, 20.6% of total) and those aged 65+ (only 7 new cases, and a decrease to 11.9% of total). This chart shows the changes among age groups over time.
>> The virus is still on the move here. Stay safe, get vaccinated, wear a mask and social distance! We will get through this together.
Cases by City on April 26:
- Benicia added 8 new cases today, total of 948 cases since the outbreak began.
- Dixon added 2 new cases today, total of 1,849 cases.
- Fairfield added 33 new cases today, total of 8,784 cases.
- Rio Vista added 2 new cases today, total of 366 cases.
- Suisun City added 8 new cases today, total of 2,209 cases.
- Vacaville added 37 new cases today, total of 8,434 cases.
- Vallejo added 43 new cases today, total of 9,621 cases.
- Unincorporated areas added 1 new case today, total of 102 cases.
The data on this page is from today’s and the previous Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard. The Dashboard is full of much more information and updated weekdays around 4pm. On the County’s dashboard, you can hover a mouse or click on an item for more information. Note the tabs at top for Summary, Demographics and Vaccines. Click here to go to today’s Solano County Dashboard.