For much more, see our LINKS page.
For Valero’s proposal and environmental reports, see our PROJECT DOCUMENTS page.
For highly critical studies and public comments on the project, see our PROJECT REVIEW pages.
The following materials were distributed at the 6/28/14 Workshop on How to Read and Comment on Valero’s DEIR, sponsored by Benicians For a Safe & Healthy Community
- How to Submit comments on Valero’s DEIR (short version)
- Responding to the Valero DEIR (more in depth)
- How to Participate in the Environmental Review Process (Powerpoint)
- Contact List – Call or Write These People
- Terms & Basic Info on the Crude-By-Rail Issue
- STOP CRUDE-BY-RAIL BROCHURE_(Benicians For a Safe & Healthy Community
- NRDC Fact Sheet – “It Could Happen Here”
- BSHC Letter to Governor Brown (Cover Memo)
- Proposed Oil Projects current in the Bay Area
The following materials were distributed by the City of Benicia at a 6/30/14 Planning Commission Workshop on the California Environmental Quality Act and Reviewing a Draft Environmental Impact Report:
- PowerPoint: “California Environmental Quality Act Basic Overview Tips on Reviewing an EIR”
- CEQA Guidelines, City of Benicia, revised June 3, 2014
- Environmental Review, pp. 31-36, Understanding the Basics of Land Use and Planning – Guide to Local Planning
- CEQA Environmental Checklist (dated March 18, 2010)