The trend is clear, but it’s still too early to call the race. There are around 1,900 Benicia ballots yet to count.
By Roger Straw, November 11, 2022
New votes today
Here is the updated chart showing today’s Solano County Registrar of Voters report.
It’s good news for supporters of Kari Birdseye and Terry Scott, who continued adding newly counted mail-in votes at about the same winning rate as was reported on election day. 3,572 new votes were reported for Council candidates today. Of that number:
- Terry Scott and Kari Birdseye both received exactly 886 new votes or 24.8% each;
- Lionel Largaespada received 816 votes, 22.8%; and
- Christina Strawbridge received 741 votes, 20.7%.
These percentages are very similar to those reported for the 10,000 mail-in ballots reported out on election day:
- Scott 25.6%
- Birdseye 24.5%
- Largaespada 22.1% and
- Strawbridge 21.1%.
Totals as of today
Ballots and votes still outstanding
As of today, Thursday at 5:40pm, the Solano County Registrar of Voters reported 17,588 outstanding countywide vote by mail ballots and another 1,671 outstanding provisional ballots. Total of around 19,000. My estimate of Benicia’s total remaining to be counted is around 10% of that, or 1,900 ballots. With each voter able to cast up to two votes for Council candidates, that means nearly 3,800 votes have yet to be split between the 5 candidates.
For the daily update of remaining countywide outstanding ballots, see Solano County Election Results.
Still close, but leaning towards Kari and Terry.
Today’s numbers again favor Scott and Birdseye. It may be too close and too early to call the race, but I am feeling good about our likely two new councilmembers, our friends Terry and Kari.
- Link to Solano County’s daily outstanding ballot count: https://www.solanocounty.com/depts/rov/November_8_2022_Election_Results/election_results.asp
- Link to Solano’s daily updated vote count: https://www.solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=38469
Stay tuned for daily updates – I’ll keep you posted here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.