Here’s an easy guide for YOU to be heard on issues that concern us – our news media, social media, city, state and U.S. elected officials:
SEND YOUR THOUGHTS TO THE NEWS MEDIA:
- Benicia Herald, 820 First St, Benicia, CA 94510, or by email to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benicia Independent – send to Roger Straw at rogrmail at gmail dot com.
- Vallejo Times-Herald, P.O. Box 3188, Vallejo, CA 94590, Fax: 643-0128, or by email to Editor Jack Bungart at email@example.com.
- Fairfield Daily Republic – online submission of letters at https://www.dailyrepublic.com/submit-a-letter-to-the-editor/
- Vacaville Reporter – firstname.lastname@example.org
POST TO SOCIAL MEDIA (some require membership):
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Nextdoor: https://nextdoor.com/city/benicia–ca/
- Benicia Happenings:
- Vallejo Benicia INDIVISIBLE:
EMAIL THE CITY:
- To comment on any topic coming before City Council, write “For the Record” in an email to City Clerk Lisa Wolfe (email@example.com)
- Detailed guidelines for participating by email and zoom are available on the City of Benicia website: Participating in Council Meetings Guide.
- Mayor Steve Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice Mayor Tom Campbell (email@example.com
- Lionel Largaespada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Trevor Macenski (email@example.com)
- Christina Strawbridge (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- City Manager Erik Upson (email@example.com)
- City Attorney Ben Stock (BStock@ci.benicia.ca.us)
- Fire Chief Josh Chadwick (JChadwick@ci.benicia.ca.us)
- Police Chief Mike Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MAIL / PHONE / CITY OFFICES:
- Send mail or visit City Hall: 250 East L Street, Benicia, CA 94510
- Phone numbers are listed on the City’s CONTACT PAGE. The main phone line for general inquiry is 746-4200.
BEYOND BENICIA – OUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES:
- Refinery flaring or smoke: Report any problem to Bay Area Air Quality Mgmt District (BAAQMD) by phone 800-334-6367, or at permits.baaqmd.gov/PublicForms/ComplaintWizardSelection.
Other BAAQMD contacts: https://www.baaqmd.gov/contact-us.
- Solano County Supervisor (District 2) Monica Brown (Website scroll down for Contacts. Email MEBrown@solanocounty.com)
- California Assembly District 14: Tim Grayson (Contact page, Staff page)
- California Senate District 3: Bill Dodd (Contact page), Staff office contacts show at bottom of all website pages)
- U.S. Representative 5th District: Mike Thompson (Contact page, Staff office contacts show at bottom of all website pages, click on Vallejo District Office)
- U.S. Senate: Dianne Feinstein (Contact page, including all offices)
- U.S. Senate: Alex Padilla (Contact page, scroll down for offices)
- ANOTHER GOOD RESOURCE: info on ALL State & U.S. legislators can be found at thesoftedge.com. Just plug in your address. Find offices, bio, staff names, committees and town halls scheduled.