Closures and cancellations effective through March 31
CITY OF BENICIA UPDATE ON COVID-19
FOR MARCH 16, 2020
Benicia, CA (March 16, 2020) — On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the City of Benicia will close the following facilities to minimize COVID-19 exposure to City staff and the public:
• All City buildings including City Hall, Benicia Public Library (virtual service will be available), Benicia Community Center and Benicia Senior Center.
• The lobby areas of Benicia Fire Department and the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
• City facilities, which includes James Lemos Swim Center, Benicia Clock Tower, City Gym, and all park restrooms. This includes cancellation of facility and parks rentals.
• The Antifreeze, Battery, Oil and Paint Center at the Corporation Yard will be closed and the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Door-to-Door pickup will be stopped. (Contra Costa HHW will also be closed.)
In addition, the City Council meeting of Tuesday, March 17, 2020 and all other public meetings of Boards and Commissions are canceled.
Although the City’s public building and facilities will be closed, much of our City staff will continue their duties with an emphasis on those operating critical infrastructure and public safety.
At this time, the closure is set to last through March 31, 2020. City staff will examine circumstances on a daily basis and may extend the closures.
If you have a critical issue that needs attention during the closure, you may call the following numbers 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Thursday and alternate Fridays, and expect a return phone call:
• 707.746.4200: City Manager’s Office, City Council, City Attorney’s Office, City Clerk’s Office
• 707.746.4289: Economic Development
• 707.746.4766: Human Resources
• 707.746.4225: Finance, Water/Sewer Service, Accounts Payable
• 707.746.4275: Fire Department non-emergency
• 707.746.4340: Library
• 707.746.4285: Parks & Community Services
• 707.745.3411: Police Department non-emergency
• 707.746.4230: Community Development, Building Inspection/Permits
• 707.746.4240: Public Works
• 707.745.3411: Emergency sewer, water, roads issues after hours.
The City of Benicia continues to closely monitor the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak through local, county and state health officials. Our top priority is always the health, safety and well-being of our community.
As conditions change, updates will be shared on the Coronavirus webpage at https://www.ci.benicia.ca.us/coronavirus.
What can you do?
• See the CDC’s Coronavirus Disease website for updates, news and symptoms to watch out for.
• Wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes.
• Maintain your social distance (no hand shaking or hugging) at events and gatherings.
• Stay in touch with older adults and encourage them to seek medical assistance, if they develop symptoms.