Your thoughts on Valero Crude By Rail can make a difference!
The City is posting comments each month now. Download May here: City of Benicia public comments on Valero Crude By Rail received during May, 2014 (Download is 1.62 MB)
Note that the City’s public comments are now PDFs with searchable text, however the comments for a given period of time all appear in a single document. The index at the top of the document is neither paginated nor linked. To find a particular comment, just search on that person’s name. Older comments and project documents are on the City of Benicia’s Valero Crude By Rail page.
The Draft EIR is scheduled for release a week from today, on Tuesday, June 10. Valero’s proposal will NOT be agendized on the Planning Commission’s June 12, 7pm meeting at City Hall. The formal hearing will be at the Planning Commission’s July 10 meeting, 7pm, City Hall. BE THERE!
Your email comments on the project are always helpful:
- Send your thoughts to the City of Benicia – You can make a difference! Ask questions and voice your concerns to the Planning Commission, City staff and our Mayor and City Council. (Note: When writing to the City Manager and Principal Planner, it helps to open with the phrase, “Please add my comments to the public legal record on Valero’s Crude By Rail Project and incorporate them as part of the review of its DEIR. “) Send your comments to:
- Brad Kilger, City Manager, by email: email@example.com AND
- Amy Million, Principal Planner, Community Development Department, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Both may also be contacted by delivery to 250 East L Street, Benicia, CA 94510, or by Fax: (707) 747-1637.
- To direct email to Planning Commissioners, send email to Amy Million, requesting her to forward on to Planning Commissioners.
- Send your thoughts to the news media: