By Roger Straw
IMPORTANT – TUES., JAN 15… See Council’s agenda item 15.B. below and check out the various reports. This item is in response to the nasty attack ads, push polling and huge money spent by Valero and it’s labor buddies in last fall’s campaign. They successfully smeared Planning Commission Chair Kari Birdseye and helped to elect their chosen candidates. Council and staff have been looking into any measures that can be taken to strengthen Benicia’s campaign ordinance. PLEASE ATTEND THE COUNCIL MEETING ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 15! Let Council and staff know that this is really important so that we don’t have this again in 2020. (To send an email comment see WHERE TO WRITE…)
BENICIA CITY COUNCIL
CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Benicia City Hall 250 East L. Street
January 15, 2019
15.B -SECOND STEP OF COUNCIL MEMBER CAMPBELL’S 2-STEP PROCESS
REQUEST TO DISCUSS UPDATING THE CAMPAIGN ORDINANCES (City Attorney)
At the December 18, 2018 City Council meeting, Council Member Campbell’s two-step process request was presented to the Council to consider updates to the city’s campaign ordinances. The Council directed staff to agendize the item for discussion. Staff has included preliminary research on this subject.
Provide direction on whether the Santa Clara model and any other proposed updates should be considered and whether updates should be discussed and reviewed by an ad hoc group or by the Open Government Commission prior to consideration by the Council.
Staff Report -Campaign Ordinance Updates -Campbell
- Two-Step Agenda Request Campbell -Campaign Ordinance Update
- Santa Clara Dark Money Ordinance -Campaign Ordinance Update
- Campaign Disclosure Forms and Filings City of Santa Clara Webpage -Campaign Ordinance Update
- Campaign Regulations City of Santa Clara Web Page -Campaign Ordinance Update
- Government Code 84222 Multipurpose Org -Campaign Ordinance Update
- Government Code 84211 Contents of Statement -Campaign Ordinance Update
- Other Possible Ordinance Updates -Campaign Ordinance Update
You must be logged in to post a comment.