Check out these AMAZING critiques of Valero’s Draft EIR.
Here in Benicia on Friday, September 15, the final day of the public comment period, we congratulated Benicians For a Safe and Healthy Community’s DEIR subcommittee for their extraordinary effort – it’s long, but you have to at least scan through it a bit. Incredible detail and thoroughness, representing untold hours of expert volunteer labor!
If that wasn’t enough, as the day went by we were astounded when we received copies of critical comments from nearby environmental groups. In light of these studies, no one will be surprised if the City and Valero choose to re-write and recirculate the document. Some are saying Valero might simply withdraw the proposal. These highly technical reviews are overwhelming, and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Valero’s DEIR is fatally flawed. See below… (note: many of these are very large downloads – please be patient!)
- Benicians For a Safe and Healthy Community
- California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), Safety and Enforcement Division AND California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR)
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Dr. Phyllis Fox
- Dr. Fred Millar
- 350 Sacramento
- Communities For a Better Environment
- San Francisco Baykeeper (Including a recent communication from an attorney for Union Pacific)
- Cool Davis
A number of individuals also submitted comments and questions at the close of the comment period. These will be made available on our Project Review page when they are collated and published by the City.