How you can help elect Elizabeth Patterson and Steve YoungBy Kathy Kerridge
October 24, 2016
There are only two weeks to go before the election and Mayor Patterson and Steve Young need your help. This will be a close election and if you want to see Mayor Patterson reelected and Steve Young elected to city council please donate an evening or two of your time. We need help phone banking on Oct. 25, 27, Nov. 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 (from 6 to 8:30) and on November 8 (8am on). We also need help walking precincts on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 to 2. Please email Kathy Kerridge at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 745-8049 to let us know when you can help.
Mayor Elizabeth Patterson will put Benicia First. She is the best mayor we’ve ever had in my opinion.
- She raised safety concerns early in the process and led the council to a no vote by voting against the project at the first opportunity.
- She has shown leadership on ensuring a safe and reliable water supply.
- Mayor Patterson is leading efforts at the city council to put a cap on refinery emissions – no increase in air pollution.
- She wants to diversify our businesses to be less dependent and beholden to Valero.
- Elizabeth will promote Clean Tech.
- She believes in protecting open space (endorse by Solano County orderly Growth Committee and Sierra Club).
- Elizabeth Patterson is endorsed by Solano Democrats, Mike Thompson and Mariko Yamada.
Steve Young has served for the past four years as a planning commissioner. He will provide new ideas and leadership to the council.
- Steve has 30 years of experience in managing and directing local government projects in the fields of military base conversion, redevelopment and economic development.
- He served on Benicia’s Planning Commission since 2012, where he thoroughly studied, raised questions and voted to oppose Valero Crude by Rail.
- Steve will bring new ideas to our city council and has the ability to ask tough questions.
- Steve believes the city should decide how to develop the Seeno property rather than just responding to a residential development application.
- Steve supports the proposal to replace half of the city’s water used by Valero with treated wastewater.
– Kathy Kerridge