The City of Benicia has been receiving a FLOOD of incoming letters commenting on the City’s Revised Draft Environmental Impact Report on Valero Crude by Rail. The City is posting these comments on its website, and the Benicia Independent is also posting them as they arrive at Project Review. So far, three new PDF documents have been posted:
REVISED DEIR (RDEIR) Public Comments (period closes on October 30, 2014)
- Public Comments October 3-9, 2015
The link will download a 20-page document from the City’s website, a 1.1MB download, including a very interesting letter from the City of Gridley, California (pp. 2-5 in the PDF).
- Public Comments September 26-October 2, 2015
The link will download a 297-page document from the City’s website, an 11MB download. Most of this is letters generated by the ForestEthics online comment generator. (See also the Center for Biological Diversity online letter generator.) Such support from EVERYWHERE is amazing and welcome! To find individual letters of support or opposition, just open the PDF and search on a name.
- Public Comments August 31-September 25, 2015 – A 545-page PDF. The link will download a document on the City’s website, a 20mb download. The PDF consists of:
- 2 agency requests for extension of the comment period
- 6 personal letters opposing the RDEIR and Valero’s proposal
- 2 personal letters supporting the RDEIR and Valero
- 253 letters from individuals from all over the country, generated by an online submittal form and mostly alike, also opposing the RDEIR and Valero’s proposal and received by the City on 9/25/15