By Roger Straw, Friday, February 4, 2022
Reporting in brief tonight: Solano COVID snapshot
Editor: Solano County Public Health didn’t post tonight’s dashboard update until 7pm, and I ran out of time. Which is to say, I really need to tend to my burbling pot of Chile Durangueño! 🙂
Posted below is a quickie snapshot, showing only the summary, main dashboard and the City chart. Check back tomorrow – barring a spicy hangover, I’ll fill it in as usual…. – R.S.
SUMMARY: Friday, February 4, 2022: Solano County reported 764 new infections today and no new COVID-related deaths. Solano County and Benicia continue to experience an extremely high transmission rate!
Solano Public Health COVID dashboard, Wednesday, February 2, 2022:
DEATHS: Solano reported no new deaths in today’s report. Trending: The ten new deaths reported this week were all over 65 years of age. The County has seen increasing COVID-related deaths each month since last November, rising to 30 in January. (Compare with last winter: 24 deaths in January 2021, 42 in February and 33 in March.) A total of 385 Solano residents have now died of COVID or COVID-related causes over the course of the pandemic.
CASES BY CITY – Friday, February 4, 2022:
- Benicia added 27 new cases today, a total of 2,849 cases since the outbreak began. Benicia has seen 108 new infections in the last 7 days, far above the CDC’s HIGH rate of community transmission. (For a city with Benicia’s population, anything over 27 cases in 7 days is considered HIGH TRANSMISSION). >>Note that the Benicia City Council is considering adding multiple metrics rather than the single metric of the CDC’s 7-day case count to determine when it is safe to lift certain COVID restrictions (see Benicia Chooses to Continue Mask Mandate, 1/19/22). Note above that Solano County is currently also experiencing EXTREMELY HIGH transmission.
- Dixon added 30 new cases today, total of 3,924 cases.
- Fairfield added 193 new cases today, total of 19,008 cases.
- Rio Vista added 17 new cases today, total of 1,008cases.
- Suisun City added 51 new cases today, total of 5,051 cases.
- Vacaville added 197 new cases today, a total of 18,133 cases.
- Vallejo added 249 new cases today, a total of 23,250 cases.
- Unincorporated added 0 new cases today, a total of 186 cases.
[Editor: Check back for more details tomorrow… – R.S.]
HOW DOES TODAY’S REPORT COMPARE? See recent reports and others going back to April 20, 2020 in my ARCHIVE of daily Solano COVID updates (an excel spreadsheet).
>The data on this page is from the Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard. The Dashboard is full of much more information and updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday around 4 or 5pm. On the County’s dashboard, you can hover a mouse or click on an item for more information. Note the tabs at top for “Summary, Demographics” and “Vaccines.” Click here to go to today’s Solano County Dashboard.
See also my BENINDY ARCHIVE of daily Solano COVID updates (an excel spreadsheet). I have also archived the hundreds of full CORONAVIRUS REPORTS posted here almost daily on the Benicia Independent since April 2020.
You must be logged in to post a comment.