March 25, 2020
SOLANO COUNTY – The Solano County Department of Health and Social Services is the local County department that assists individuals in gaining access to a range of safety net support services for individuals and families experiencing hardships, and especially now by COVID-19. These programs, including food assistance, medical insurance and cash aid for those who are eligible, are designed to ensure that all individuals and families have resources to meet their basic needs.
CalFresh Food Program
CalFresh provides benefits to help households purchase the food. The benefits are provided via Electronic Benefits Transmission (EBT) which is accessed by using a card, like a debit card. These cards are accepted at grocery stores, farmer’s markets and most other stores that sell food.
CalWORKs Cash Assistance Program
CalWORKs provides cash assistance, housing, utilities, and clothing for families with little or no income. These benefits are issued via EBT card.
Medi-Cal Health Insurance
Medi-Cal health insurance pays for medical services for children and adults with limited income and resources.
General Assistance Programs
General assistance programs provide cash assistance for adults without dependents. These cash benefits are issued via EBT card.
All Solano County community members, regardless of immigration status, may apply for these programs if they are eligible. For more information about immigration and these safety net supports, visit https://www.solanocounty.com/depts/hss/publiccharge
Most applications for these programs will be accepted and processed remotely while Shelter at Home Orders are in effect due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). After an application is submitted, the applicant will be contacted by phone to schedule a phone interview, which may be on the same day. Applications may be obtained and submitted as follows:
- – Online: https://www.mybenefitscalwin.org. (all programs) and www.GetCalFresh.org (CalFresh only)
- Phone: (707) 784-8050 in Fairfield or (707) 553-5000 in Vallejo and (707) 469-4500 in Vacaville, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Pick Up / Drop Off Application: Community members are strongly encouraged to apply online or request an application by phone. However, this may not be possible in some cases. Community members may visit H&SS buildings to pick up or drop-off an application if needed: 365 Tuolumne St., Vallejo; 275 Beck Ave, Fairfield; 1119 E. Monte Vista, Vacaville. Community members can return the application.
- By mail: Solano County H&SS Department, PO Box 12000, Vallejo, CA 94590
- By email: EESRightFaxVJO2ndFl@Solanocounty.com in Vallejo; EESRightFaxFF@Solancounty.com in Fairfield; and EESRightFaxVV@SolanoCounty.com in Vacaville.
- By FAX: to Solano County Health & Social Services Department, (707) 784-8050
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For information about other safety net programs in Solano County, visit www.SolanoCounty.com. Individuals who have questions about their active case should call the Benefits Action Center at (707) 784-3900.
EMPLOYMENT AND INSURANCE INFORMATION
For those unable to work due to exposure to COVID-19, caring for an ill family member or working reduced hours because of COVID-19 related business closures, visit the CA Employment Development Department website to file an unemployment or disability insurance claim: https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm. Governor Newsom’s recent Executive Order waives the one-week unpaid waiting period.
You must be logged in to post a comment.