By Roger Straw, Monday, March 14, 2022
Solano County reported 78 new COVID infections today and 3 new deaths. Good news: Solano no longer in HIGH transmission rate, Benicia falls into MODERATE transmission rate.
Solano Public Health COVID dashboard, Monday, March 14, 2022:
DEATHS: Solano reported 3 new COVID-related deaths in today’s report. Fifteen new deaths were reported in February, ALL over 65 years of age. So far in March, 13 County residents were reported to have died with COVID. A total of 409 Solano residents have now died of COVID or COVID-related causes over the course of the pandemic.
TRANSMISSION RATE: Good news: With today’s report, Solano moved out of the HIGH transmission rate and into the SUBSTANTIAL rate for the first time since Dec 22, 2021, now showing a total of 286 new cases over the last 7 days. CDC FORMULA: Based on Solano County’s population, 450 or more cases in 7 days places Solano in the CDC’s population-based definition of a HIGH transmission rate. We would need to drop below 225 cases in 7 days to show MODERATE community transmission.
>ACTIVE CASES: Good news: Solano reported 303 ACTIVE cases today, down from 425 at last report, our lowest number since Dec 15 2021.
CASES BY CITY – Monday, March 14, 2022:
- BENICIA added 4 new cases today, a total of 3,108 cases since the outbreak began. TRANSMISSION RATE: Good news! Benicia’s 7-day case count fell to only 13 today, dropping Benicia into the CDC’s MODERATE range for the first time since Dec 6, 2021. For a city with Benicia’s population, anything over 27 cases in 7 days is considered HIGH TRANSMISSION, and 14 to 27 cases is considered SUBSTANTIAL TRANSMISSION. (See chart below.)
- Dixon added 1 more case today, total of 4,318 cases.
- Fairfield added 17 new cases today, total of 22,504 cases.
- Rio Vista added 0 new cases today, total of 1,185 cases.
- Suisun City added 5 new cases today, total of 5,888 cases.
- Vacaville added 17 new cases today, a total of 21,518 cases.
- Vallejo added 34 new cases today, a total of 25,359 cases.
- Unincorporated added 0 new cases today, a total of 199 cases.
TEST RATE: Solano County’s 7-Day Percent Positive Test Rate has fallen dramatically in March, down today to 5% today. Even at this lower rate, SOLANO DOES NOT COMPARE FAVORABLY: The CALIFORNIA 7-day % positive rate was steady today at only 1.6%. [Source: Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Tracking Center] and the U.S. 7-day % positive rate was only 2.7% today. [Source: CDC COVID Data Tracker.]
CURRENT: Good news: the number of those currently hospitalized with COVID in Solano County fell today from 25 to only 13 persons. Current hospitalizations don’t tell the whole story, though, as it reflects both admissions and discharges. Only from the increase in total hospitalizations can we know how many new admissions have come into our hospitals as of this date.
TOTAL hospitalizations over the course of the pandemic: Solano updated its Age Group and Race/Ethnicity charts today, adding 2 new hospitalizations, for a pandemic total of 3,767.
ICU Bed Availability in Solano County increased slightly today from 45% to 46%, in the County’s GREEN safe zone .
Ventilator Availability Good news: Ventilators rose today from 68% to 80% available, in the County’s GREEN safe zone.
HOW DOES TODAY’S REPORT COMPARE? See recent reports and others going back to April 20, 2020 in my ARCHIVE of daily Solano COVID updates (an excel spreadsheet).
>The data on this page is from the Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard. The Dashboard is full of much more information and (as of 3/14/2022) is updated Monday and Thursday between 4 and 6pm. On the County’s dashboard, you can hover a mouse or click on an item for more information. Note the tabs at top for “Summary, Demographics” and “Vaccines.” Click here to go to today’s Solano County Dashboard.
See also my BENINDY ARCHIVE of daily Solano COVID updates (an excel spreadsheet). I have also archived the hundreds of full CORONAVIRUS REPORTS posted here almost daily on the Benicia Independent since April 2020.
You must be logged in to post a comment.