Solano County reports 75 new COVID infections since Monday, adds 18 previously undisclosed hospitalizations.
Solano County COVID report on Wednesday, June 30.[Source: see far below. See also my ARCHIVE spreadsheet of daily Solano COVID updates.]
The trends don’t look so good today: Solano County reported 75 new COVID cases since Monday’s report, an average of 38 per day. Monthly: Solano County saw 1,288 new cases in April, an average of 43 per day. In May, Solano reported 920 new cases, an average of 30 per day. So far in June, 680 new cases in Solano, an average of 23 new infections each day. Solano’s 183 active cases today is much higher than Monday’s 144. Our percent positivity rate rose significantly today from 5.4% to 6.6%. COVID is still out there – TAKE CARE!
Hospitalizations – a rare Solano County update
Solano County reported 18 previously undisclosed hospitalizations today. The County updates these important numbers only occasionally, and only then they must be independently discovered in the County’s demographic chart labeled “Hospitalizations by Age Group.” That chart hasn’t been updated since May 25, when a total of 1,286 persons had been hospitalized. Today the County added hospitalizations in the following age groups: 1 youth aged 0-17, 3 persons aged 18-49, 6 persons aged 50-64, and 8 of our elders aged 65+. New totals today:
|Age Group||Hospitalizations||% of Total|
Apologies – I just realized that these hospitalizations are also recorded on the demographic chart labeled “Hospitalizations by Race / Ethnicity.” Having not tracked this in the past, I can’t tell you about recent increases, but here are the current numbers. Interestingly, the total doesn’t square with totals by age groups. (My hunch is that the County has not updated this chart for a time.)
|Race / Ethnicity||Hospitalizations||% of Total|
|Black / African American||197||16%|
|Hispanic / Latinx||327||27%|
|Multirace / Others||85||7%|
Solano County reported no new deaths today. The County total is 244 deaths since the pandemic began.
- Benicia remained steady today, a total of 1,029 cases since the outbreak began, 3.7% of its population of 27,570.
- Dixon added 2 new cases today, total of 1,947 cases, 9.8% of its population of 19,794.
- Fairfield added 23 new cases today, total of 9,207 cases, 7.8% of its population of 117,149.
- Rio Vista remained steady today, total of 396 cases, 4.2% of its population of 9,416.
- Suisun City added 4 new cases today, total of 2,334 cases, 7.9% of its population of 29,447.
- Vacaville added 30 new cases today, a total of 8,941 cases, 9.0% its of population of 98,807.
- Vallejo added 16 new cases today, a total of 10,016 cases, 8.4% of its population of 119,544.
- Unincorporated areas remained steady for the 54th day in a row today (no increase since May 8!), total of 103 cases (population figures not available).
RE-OPENING GUIDELINES IN SOLANO COUNTY
See latest info on California’s COVID web page. See also the Solano County Public Health Coronavirus Resources and Updates page. (Click on the image at right to go directly to the page, or click on various links below to access the 10 sections on the County’s page.)
|Everyday Life||Face Coverings|
|Businesses & Employers||COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing|
|Events & Travel||Schools|
|Community Resources||What to do if positive or exposed|
|Healthcare Settings||Contact Information|
The data on this page is from today’s and the previous Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard. The Dashboard is full of much more information and updated weekdays around 4 or 5pm. On the County’s dashboard, you can hover a mouse or click on an item for more information. Note the tabs at top for Summary, Demographics and Vaccines. Click here to go to today’s Solano County Dashboard.