Solano reports 37 new cases over the weekend, and 7 new deaths! Stay safe, and remember: People with mild COVID can have long-term health problems
Solano County COVID report on Monday, May 17.[Source: see far below. See also my ARCHIVE spreadsheet of daily Solano COVID updates.]
On May 17, Solano County reported 37 new COVID cases. The County also reported 7 NEW DEATHS, all persons over 65 years of age. (It is not clear if these deaths represent an outbreak over the weekend or one of Solano County’s “occasional updates” representing previous deaths only now being reported.) Our hearts go out to all of these, and their families and friends. RECENTLY: We saw 1,288 new cases in April, an average of 43 per day. In the first 17 days of May, Solano reported 534 new cases, an average of 31 per day. Reports are that our red-tier Solano County will not be joining all other Bay Area counties in opening to less restrictive tiers anytime soon.
We learned of 1 new hospitalization today, someone over 65 years of age. Solano’s Active cases fell dramatically today from 276 to 143, our lowest since June 17 of last year. Our percent positivity rate also fell today from 6.9% to 5.8%, our first day under 6% since April 30, but still much higher than in recent months.
>> The virus is still on the move here. Stay safe, get vaccinated, wear a mask and social distance! We will get through this together.
Cases by City on Monday, May 17:
- Benicia added 1 new case today, total of 984 cases since the outbreak began.
- Dixon added 5 new cases today, total of 1,904 cases.
- Fairfield added 15 new cases today, total of 8,981 cases.
- Rio Vista remained steady today, total of 370 cases.
- Suisun City added 2 new cases today, total of 2,264 cases.
- Vacaville added 5 new cases today, total of 8,615 cases.
- Vallejo added 9 new cases today, total of 9,790 cases.
- Unincorporated areas remained steady today, total of 103 cases.
The data on this page is from today’s and the previous Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard. The Dashboard is full of much more information and updated weekdays around 4 or 5pm. On the County’s dashboard, you can hover a mouse or click on an item for more information. Note the tabs at top for Summary, Demographics and Vaccines. Click here to go to today’s Solano County Dashboard.