Solano reports 15 new cases today, and 6 new deaths! Stay safe, and remember: People with mild COVID can have long-term health problems
Solano County COVID report on Tuesday, May 18.[Source: see far below. See also my ARCHIVE spreadsheet of daily Solano COVID updates.]
Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard – SUMMARY:
Solano County reported 15 new COVID cases today. Reports are that our red-tier Solano County will not be joining all other Bay Area counties opening in less restrictive tiers anytime soon. We saw 1,288 new cases in April, an average of 43 per day. In the first 18 days of May, Solano reported 549 new cases, an average of 30 per day.
The County reported 6 NEW DEATHS today, one young adult age 18-49 and 5 persons over 65 years of age. According to the Fairfield Daily Republic, yesterday’s 7 newly reported deaths occurred in January and February, with more such reports to come this week. No doubt this includes most if not all of today’s 6 new deaths. Solano County Public Health Officer Dr. Bela Matyas has in the past performed “occasional updates” on previously unreported hospitalizations. Now we can add deaths to that practice. Our hearts go out to all of these, and their families and friends.
We learned of no new hospitalizations today. Our percent positivity rate remained steady today at 5.8%.
>> The virus is still active here. Stay safe, get vaccinated, wear a mask and social distance! We will get through this together.
Cases by City on Tuesday, May 18:
- Benicia remained steady today, total of 984 cases since the outbreak began.
- Dixon added 4 new cases today, total of 1,908 cases.
- Fairfield added only 4 new cases today, total of 8,985 cases.
- Rio Vista remained steady today, total of 370 cases.
- Suisun City remained steady today, total of 2,264 cases.
- Vacaville added only 2 new cases today, total of 8,617 cases.
- Vallejo added only 5 new cases today, total of 9,795 cases.
- Unincorporated areas remained steady today, total of 103 cases.
COMPARE: Screenshots from Solano County COVID Dashboard on Monday, May 17:
The data on this page is from today’s and the previous Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard. The Dashboard is full of much more information and updated weekdays around 4 or 5pm. On the County’s dashboard, you can hover a mouse or click on an item for more information. Note the tabs at top for Summary, Demographics and Vaccines. Click here to go to today’s Solano County Dashboard.
- Solano County Coronavirus Dashboard (posted on the County website today).
- The State of California’s Open Data Profile at COVID19.CA.GOV
- See also on the BenIndy: Hospitalizations AND ICU Beds by REGION.
- See also my ARCHIVE of daily Solano COVID updates (an excel spreadsheet).
You must be logged in to post a comment.