Mail-in ballots all but complete, counting of provisional ballots began today.
By Roger Straw, November 15, 2022
As expected, Tuesday’s count of additional mail-in ballots at our Solano County Registrar of Voters did not affect the likely final outcome of Benicia’s City Council race. Frontrunners Terry Scott and Kari Birdseye maintained a solid lead.
Today’s Preliminary Results
- Scott has 5,613 votes, 24.74%
- Birdseye has 5,391 votes, 23.76%
- Largaespada has 5,243 votes, 23.11%
- Strawbridge has 4,793 votes, 21.13%
- Innes has 1,645 votes, 7.25%
By the numbers – note day-by-day vote margins at right…
Scott’s lead over Birdseye decreased today by one from 223 to 222. Birdseye’s lead over Largaespada increased from 142 to 148.
Unless there are any surprises, ALL mail-in ballots have now been counted. Another 1,012 or so provisional ballots – countywide – must be counted. Benicia is typically about 10% of total Solano votes, so there are perhaps 100 more provisional ballots for Benicia. The Registrar of Voters expects to certify the final result by November 30.
Previous updates on the BenIndy:
- Benicia election results: Scott and Birdseye increase their lead November 14, 2022
- Benicia voters appear to reject incumbents, Valero in City Council election November 12, 2022
- Benicia elects Terry Scott and Kari Birdseye to City Council November 11, 2022
- Benicia City Council: Largaespada concedes Nov. 10
- Benicia City Council: Scott & Birdseye increase their lead Nov. 10
- About that big number of outstanding ballots Nov. 10
- Birdseye moves up, now leading in second place Nov. 9
- Benicia City Council race: Wait, it’s not over yet! Nov. 9