Wednesday, May 20: 5 new positive cases, 2 new deaths. Total now 435 cases, 18 deaths.
Previous report, Tuesday, May 19
- Solano County reported 5 new positive cases today, total is now 430.
- 2 new deaths today, total is 18.
- For the second time in 9 days, the County did not report any new cases among young persons 18 and under. The County reported 8 new cases among our youth in the last week and only 6 over the 5 weeks prior. (See table below).
BY AGE GROUP
- No new cases were reported today of a young person under 19 years of age, total of 14 cases, 3.2% of total confirmed cases. (See table below.)
- 5 new cases of persons 19-64 years of age, total of 307 cases, 70% of the total. 1 new death in this age group, total of 4. Note that only 37 of the 307 cases in this age group (12%) were hospitalized at one time. (It is unclear whether the 4 deaths were ever hospitalized.)
- 1 new case was of a person 65 or older, total of 115 cases, 26% of the total. 1 new death, total of 14. Note that 29 of the 114 cases in this age group (25%) were hospitalized at one time, more than double the percentage in the mid-age group. (It is unclear whether the 14 deaths in this age group were ever hospitalized.)
Recent surge in positive cases among youth 18 and under
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||0||14|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||0||14|
|Monday, May 18, 2020||1||14|
|Friday, May 15, 2020||2||13|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||3||11|
|Wednesday, May 13, 2020||1||8|
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020||1||7|
|Monday, May 11, 2020||0||6|
|Friday, May 8, 2020||0||6|
|Thursday, May 7, 2020||0||6|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020||0||6|
|Tuesday, May 5, 2020||0||6|
|Monday, May 4, 2020||0||6|
- Vallejo added 3 of today’s new cases, total of 262.
- Fairfield added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 74.
- added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 40.
- Suisun City remains at 21.
- Benicia remains at 21.
- Dixon, Rio Vista and “Unincorporated” are still not assigned numerical data: today all remain at <10 (less than 10). The total numbers for other cities add up to 418, leaving 17 cases somewhere among the locations in this “<10” category (same as last reported). Residents and city officials have pressured County officials for city case counts. Today’s data is welcome, but still incomplete.
ACTIVE CASES: 43 of the 435 cases are active, 4 more than yesterday. Note that the county does not report WHERE the active cases are. Below you will see that only 18 are currently hospitalized, which leaves 25 of these 43 active cases out in our communities somewhere, and hopefully quarantined.
HOSPITAL IMPACT: The County shows 18 of the 67 hospitalized cases are CURRENTLY hospitalized, same as yesterday. The County’s count of ICU beds available and ventilator supply remains at “GOOD” at 31-100%. (No information is given on our supply of test kits, PPE and staff.)
The County reports that 7,961 residents have been tested as of today, an increase of 225 residents tested over yesterday. Note that the County reported 753 reported in a single day last Friday. See Solano testing – by the numbers April 13 – present.
We still have a long way to go: only 1.7% of Solano County’s 447,643 residents (2019) have been tested.
State run testing sites in Vallejo and Vacaville are open to anyone.
Solano’s steady upward curve – as of May 20
This chart shows the infection’s steady upward trajectory in Solano County. Our “curve” continues to creep up. Our nursing homes, long-term care facilities and jails bear watching!