Community Forum & Update on Crude By Rail
Benicia, California, January 18, 2015
Many thanks to videographer Constance Beutel!
On Jan 18, 2015 Benicians for a Safe and Healthy Community held a Forum to update the community on the Valero Crude by Rail project status.
- Nearly 100 people gathered to learn more about Valero’s crude by rail project and how it might affect Benicia residents at a Community Informational Forum on Sunday, January 18, 2015, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at the Benicia Public Library, 150 East L Street, Doña Benicia Room. The Forum was sponsored by Benicians for a Safe and Healthy Community (BSHC), a grassroots organization advocating responsible environmental action and currently working to STOP crude by rail in Benicia.
- Guest speakers included:
- Members of BSHC also provided an update on their work.
- Marilyn Bardet discussed the history and status of the project’s Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR).
- Andrés Soto discussed the local, regional and cumulative impacts of transporting crude oil by rail.
- Questions, discussion and brainstorming followed.
- For more information about the Community Forum or BSHC, please call (707) 742-3597, or email info@SafeBenicia. For more information about Valero Crude by Rail check out SafeBenicia.org. Of course, you can find lots of info here on BeniciaIndependent.org.