Yesterday, I posted breaking news about the non-delivery of mailed copies of the California Voter Information Guide. More about that in another post, but first, and MOST IMPORTANTLY…
The 2020 California Voter Info Guide
IS AVAILABLE online.
Click here to view it in your browser.
You will need the Voter Guide to read up on 12 State Propositions and a proposed State Bond, summary below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- PROP 14 Authorizes Bonds Continuing Stem Cell Research. Initiative Statute. p. 16 (See also below, pp. 78-109 for an incredibly lengthy section on the State Bond.)
- PROP 15 Increases Funding Sources for Public Schools, Community Colleges, and Local Government Services by Changing Tax Assessment of Commercial and Industrial Property. Initiative Constitutional Amendment. p 22
- PROP 16 Allows Diversity as a Factor in Public Employment, Education, and Contracting Decisions. Legislative Constitutional Amendment. p. 26
- PROP 17 Restores Right to Vote After Completion of Prison Term. Legislative Constitutional Amendment. p. 30
- PROP 18 Amends California Constitution to Permit 17-Year-Olds to Vote in Primary and Special Elections If They Will Turn 18 by the Next General Election and Be Otherwise Eligible to Vote. Legislative Constitutional Amendment. p. 34
- PROP 19 Changes Certain Property Tax Rules. Legislative Constitutional Amendment. p. 38
- PROP 20 Restricts Parole for Certain Offenses Currently Considered to Be Non-Violent. Authorizes Felony Sentences for Certain Offenses Currently Treated Only as Misdemeanors. Initiative Statute. p. 44
- PROP 21 Expands Local Governments’ Authority to Enact Rent Control on Residential Property. Initiative Statute. p. 52
- PROP 22 Exempts App-Based Transportation and Delivery Companies From Providing Employee Benefts to Certain Drivers. Initiative Statute. p. 56
- PROP 23 Establishes State Requirements for Kidney Dialysis Clinics. Requires On-Site Medical Professional. Initiative Statute. p. 60
- PROP 24 Amends Consumer Privacy Laws. Initiative Statute. p. 66
- PROP 25 Referendum on Law That Replaced Money Bail With System Based on Public Safety and Flight Risk. p. 72
OVERVIEW OF STATE BOND DEBT p. 78
TEXT OF PROPOSED BOND p. 89