Art has filled a long and powerful role in support of causes advocating peace and justice, freedom and human rights. This page will serve as a link to songs, poetry and other works of art opposing oil trains and in support of clean and renewable energy. Enjoy! [To submit your work, or to suggest an addition by another artist, please email rogrmail at gmail dot com.]
Songs, instrumentals, audio tracks, etc.
- Oil Trains by Andy Shaw, of Benicia, CA, (Tune: The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, by Gordon Lightfoot)
- Valero Oil Trains by Occupella, Words: Nancy Schimmel and Bonnie Lockhart, (Tune: Yellow Rose of Texas).
- Tank Cars by Mary Susan Gast, of Benicia, CA, (Tune: “Homeless” by Paul Simon and Joseph Shabalala)
- Who’s Gonna Stand Up? (and save the EARTH) by Neil Young
- Bakken the USA, by Mark Kennedy, of Benicia, CA
- Mother Earth by Neil Young
Poems, fiction and non-fiction, etc.
- Oil Trains, by Barbara Draper
- The Giant Never Sleeps, by Roger Straw
- Blow us up slowly, by Roger Straw
- Global Destruction Trains by Roger Straw
- Animation of potential blast zone: crude oil train arriving in Benicia, California by Constance Beutel
- Simulated Crude by Rail Tank Car Derailment: Benicia, CA by Constance Beutel & Don Shields
Paintings, digital images, photos, sculpture, etc.
- Well, for a little reality check, just google “bomb train images” or “train derailment images“
- Benicia artists Beate Brühl and Katherine Black collaborated on the art at SafeBenicia.org. and facebook.com/stopcrudebyrail. They also created art for the signs around town.
You must be logged in to post a comment.