Check out these AMAZING critiques of Valero’s Draft EIR.
Here in Benicia on the final day of the public comment period (September 16, 2014), we congratulated Benicians For a Safe and Healthy Community’s DEIR subcommittee for their extraordinary effort – it’s long, but you have to at least scan through it a bit. Incredible detail and thoroughness, representing untold hours of volunteer labor!
If that wasn’t enough, we were soon just about bowled over when we received copies of critical comments from nearby environmental groups on closing day. In light of these studies, no one will be surprised if the City and Valero choose to re-write and recirculate the document. Some are saying Valero might simply withdraw the proposal. These highly technical reviews are overwhelming, and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Valero’s DEIR is fatally flawed. See below… (note: many of these are very large downloads – please be patient!)
HIGHLY SIGNIFICANT LATER ADDITIONS:
Oct. 2, 2014: Letter from Attorney General Kamala Harris, also highly critical of the DEIR.
Dec. 5, 2014: Letter from the Center for Biological Diversity, Communities for a Better Environment, and Natural Resources Defense Council
- Benicians for a Safe and Healthy Community DEIR Comments
- Solano County
- Feather River Air Quality Management District
- University of California, Davis
- CA Office of Spill Prevention & Response, and CA Public
- Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (Amtrak)
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- San Francisco Baykeeper (including Mahoney letter)
- Cool Davis
- 350 Sacramento
- Communities for a Better Environment Legal Comments
- Communities for a Better Environment Karras Comments
- Natural Resources Defense Council DEIR Comments
Attachment 1-Dr. Phyllis Fox DEIR Comments
Attachment 2-NRDC IS-MND Comments (7/1/2013)
Attachment 3-Fox IS-MND Comments (7/1/2013)
Attachment 4-Diane Bailey Report (6/2014)
Attachment 5-Dr. Fred Millar DEIR Comments
Attachment 6-Governor’s OES Report (6/10/14)
Attachment 7-NRDC Derailment Risk Zone Maps
- SAFER California Comments on DEIR
Attachment A (Dr. Phyllis Fox, 9/15/14)
Attachment B (Dr. Phyllis Fox, 7/1/13)
Attachment C (Pless Environmental, 9/15/14)
See also written comments by four of Benicia’s Planning Commissioners.
A number of individuals also submitted comments and questions at the close of the comment period. These are available on our Project Review page.
You must be logged in to post a comment.