Friday, May 22: 6 new positive cases, 1 new death. Total now 455 cases, 20 deaths.
Previous report, Thursday, May 21
- Solano County reported 6 new positive cases today, total is now 455.
- 1 new death today, total is 20.
- Thank goodness no new confirmed cases among young persons 18 and under today. The County reported 11 new cases among our youth in the last 9 days, having reported only 6 over the 5 weeks prior. (See table below).
BY AGE GROUP
- No new cases were reported today among young persons under 19 years of age, total of 17 cases, 3.7% of total confirmed cases. (See table below.)
- All 6 of today’s new cases were persons 19-64 years of age, total of 323 cases, 71% of the total. No new deaths in this age group, total of 4. Note that 43 of the 323 cases in this age group have been hospitalized at one time, an increase of 4 since yesterday and 13% of total cases in the age group. (It is unclear whether the 4 deaths were ever hospitalized.)
- No new case was of a person 65 or older, total of 115 cases, 26% of the total. 1 new death, total of 16. Note that 30 of the 115 cases in this age group (25%) were hospitalized at one time, nearly double the percentage in the mid-age group. (It is unclear whether the 15 deaths in this age group were ever hospitalized.)
Recent surge in positive cases among youth 18 and under
|Friday, May 22, 2020||0||17|
|Thursday, May 21, 2020||3||17|
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||0||14|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||0||14|
|Monday, May 18, 2020||1||14|
|Friday, May 15, 2020||2||13|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||3||11|
|Wednesday, May 13, 2020||1||8|
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020||1||7|
|Monday, May 11, 2020||0||6|
|Friday, May 8, 2020||0||6|
|Thursday, May 7, 2020||0||6|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020||0||6|
|Tuesday, May 5, 2020||0||6|
|Monday, May 4, 2020||0||6|
- Vallejo added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 267.
- Fairfield added 3 of today’s new cases, total of 83.
- Vacaville added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 45.
- Suisun City added 1 of today’s new cases, total of 22.
- Benicia remains unchanged at 21.
- Dixon, Rio Vista and “Unincorporated” are still not assigned numerical data: today all remain at <10 (less than 10). The total numbers for other cities add up to 438, leaving 17 cases somewhere among the locations in this “<10” category (same as last reported). Residents and city officials have pressured County officials for city case counts. Today’s data is welcome, but still incomplete.
ACTIVE CASES: 47 of the 455 cases are active – good news: 6 fewer than yesterday. Note that the county does not report WHERE the active cases are. Below you will see that only 18 are currently hospitalized, which leaves 29 of these 47 active cases out in our communities somewhere, and hopefully quarantined.
HOSPITAL IMPACT: The County shows 18 of the 69 hospitalized cases are CURRENTLY hospitalized, same as yesterday. The County’s count of ICU beds available and ventilator supply remains at “GOOD” at 31-100%. (No information is given on our supply of test kits, PPE and staff.)
The County reports that 9,340 residents have been tested as of today, an increase of 367 residents tested since yesterday’s report.
We still have a long way to go: just under 2% of Solano County’s 447,643 residents (2019) have been tested. See Solano testing – by the numbers April 13 – present. NOTE: State run testing sites in Vallejo and Vacaville are open to anyone.
Solano’s steady upward curve – as of May 22
This chart shows the infection’s steady upward trajectory in Solano County. Our “curve” continues to creep up. Our nursing homes, long-term care facilities and jails bear watching!