Thursday, May 21: 14 new positive cases, 1 new death. Total now 449 cases, 19 deaths.
Previous report, Wednesday, May 20
- Solano County reported 14 new positive cases today, total is now 449.
- 1 new death today, total is 19.
- We continue to see an upward trend in confirmed cases among young persons 18 and under, adding 3 more today. The County reported 11 new cases among our youth in the last 8 days, having reported only 6 over the 5 weeks prior. (See table below).
BY AGE GROUP
- 3 new cases were reported today of young persons under 19 years of age, total of 17 cases, 3.8% of total confirmed cases. (See table below.)
- 10 new cases of persons 19-64 years of age, total of 317 cases, 71% of the total. No new deaths in this age group, total of 4. Note that only 39 of the 317 cases in this age group (12%) were hospitalized at one time. (It is unclear whether the 4 deaths were ever hospitalized.)
- 1 new case was of a person 65 or older, total of 115 cases, 26% of the total. 1 new death, total of 15. Note that 30 of the 115 cases in this age group (26%) were hospitalized at one time, more than double the percentage in the mid-age group. (It is unclear whether the 15 deaths in this age group were ever hospitalized.)
Recent surge in positive cases among youth 18 and under
|Thursday, May 21, 2020||3||17|
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||0||14|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||0||14|
|Monday, May 18, 2020||1||14|
|Friday, May 15, 2020||2||13|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||3||11|
|Wednesday, May 13, 2020||1||8|
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020||1||7|
|Monday, May 11, 2020||0||6|
|Friday, May 8, 2020||0||6|
|Thursday, May 7, 2020||0||6|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020||0||6|
|Tuesday, May 5, 2020||0||6|
|Monday, May 4, 2020||0||6|
- Vallejo added 4 of today’s new cases, total of 266.
- Fairfield added 6 of today’s new cases, total of 80.
- Vacaville added 4 of today’s new cases, total of 44.
- Suisun City remains at 21.
- Benicia remains at 21.
- Dixon, Rio Vista and “Unincorporated” are still not assigned numerical data: today all remain at <10 (less than 10). The total numbers for other cities add up to 432, leaving 17 cases somewhere among the locations in this “<10” category (same as last reported). Residents and city officials have pressured County officials for city case counts. Today’s data is welcome, but still incomplete.
ACTIVE CASES: 53 of the 449 cases are active, 10 more than yesterday. Note that the county does not report WHERE the active cases are. Below you will see that only 18 are currently hospitalized, which leaves 35 of these 53 active cases out in our communities somewhere, and hopefully quarantined.
HOSPITAL IMPACT: The County shows 18 of the 69 hospitalized cases are CURRENTLY hospitalized, same as yesterday. The County’s count of ICU beds available and ventilator supply remains at “GOOD” at 31-100%. (No information is given on our supply of test kits, PPE and staff.)
Good news! The County reports that 8,973 residents have been tested as of today, an increase of 1,021 residents tested over yesterday Solano’s largest single day increase! See Solano testing – by the numbers April 13 – present.
We still have a long way to go: only 1.9% of Solano County’s 447,643 residents (2019) have been tested.
State run testing sites in Vallejo and Vacaville are open to anyone.
Solano’s steady upward curve – as of May 21
This chart shows the infection’s steady upward trajectory in Solano County. Our “curve” continues to creep up. Our nursing homes, long-term care facilities and jails bear watching!