[Editor: UPDATE – Note additional hearing date of Monday, April 18. This new date is IN ADDITION TO the previously scheduled hearings. - RS]
Benicia City Council dates for hearings on Valero Crude by Rail appeal
Hearings began on March 15 and will continue for public comment on April 4, 6, 18 and 19
Benicia city staff has recommended that an additional day of public hearings be scheduled for Monday, April 18, 7pm at City Hall. This will be IN ADDITION TO previously scheduled hearings on Monday, April 4, Wednesday, April 6 and (if needed) Tuesday, April 19. Note that these dates for public hearings are NOT CONSECUTIVE EVENINGS as was the case in previous hearings.
On these dates, Council will hear comments on Valero’s appeal of the Benicia Planning Commission’s unanimous February 11 decision to deny Valero Crude By Rail. Council will also hear public comment on Valero’s March 15 request to delay hearings.
- Benicia City Council Agenda for April 4
- Benicia City Council Staff Report for April 4
- Benicia City Council Full Agenda Packet for April 4
- Benicia staff report for April 4: recommending no delay
- Benicia staff report for April 4: recommending protocol for select speakers
- MARILYN BARDET: Comment on Valero’s request for a delay
- ANDRÉS SOTO: Open Letter to Benicia City Council members – About the Surface Transportation Board
- Council hearing on March 15: Video and written transcripts
- Planning Commission Feb. 8-11: Video and written transcripts
- Valero CBR Appeal: Staff Report
- Appeal Draft Resolution FEIR
- Exhibit A-1 Statement of Overriding Considerations
- Exhibit B MMRP
- Appeal Draft Resolution Use Permit
- Valero appeal of PC denial 2-29-2016
- PC Resolution No. 16-1
- CBR PC Staff Report No Attachment 12
- February 8-11 2016 Draft Minutes
- Public Comment February 12- March 8 2016
Written public comments are encouraged now! Send your thoughts to the City Council by email directed to Amy Million, Principal Planner, Benicia Community Development Department:email@example.com. You may also send your letter Amy Million by mail to 250 East L Street, Benicia, CA 94510, or by Fax: (707) 747-1637.
And mark your calendar now, so you don’t forget. Please plan to attend on Tuesday, March 15 for the presentations, and again on Monday, April 4, Wednesday, April 6 and Tuesday, April 19. All meetings will be held at 7:00 p.m. in City Hall Council Chamber, 250 East, L Street, Benicia.