Thursday, June 4: 6 new positive cases, no new deaths. Total now 565 cases, 22 deaths.
- Solano County reported 6 new positive cases today, total of 565.
- No new deaths today, total of 22.
- Active cases same as yesterday, 63 active cases..
- Very little testing – reporting only 36 residents tested.
- Youth – Solano County reported no new cases among our youth today. However there have been 30 new cases in the last 23 days, with only 6 over the 5 weeks prior. (See table below).
BY AGE GROUP
- Good news – no new cases among young persons under 19 years of age today, total of 36 cases. Our concern remains: cases among youth have increased over the last two weeks to 6.4% of the 565 total confirmed cases. (See table below.)
- 5 of today’s 6 new cases were persons 19-64 years of age, total of 397 cases, 70% of the 565 total. No new deaths in this age group today, total of 5. A total of 50 of the 397 cases in this age group have been hospitalized at one time, just under 13% of total cases in the age group. (It is unclear whether the 5 deaths were ever hospitalized.)
- 1 of today’s 6 new cases was a person 65 or older, total of 132 cases, just over 23% of the 565 total. No new deaths, total of 17. A total of 37 of the 132 cases in this age group (28%) were hospitalized at one time, more than double the percentage in the mid-age group. (It is unclear whether the 17 deaths in this age group were ever hospitalized.)
Recent surge in positive cases among youth 18 and under
|Thursday, June 4, 2020||0||36|
|Wednesday, June 3, 2020||3||36|
|Tuesday, June 2, 2020||1||33|
|Monday, June 1, 2020||5||32|
|Friday, May 29, 2020||0||27|
|Thursday, May 28, 2020||3||27|
|Wednesday, May 27, 2020||0||24|
|Tuesday, May 26, 2020 (3-day holiday weekend)||7||24|
|Friday, May 22, 2020||0||17|
|Thursday, May 21, 2020||3||17|
|Wednesday, May 20, 2020||0||14|
|Tuesday, May 19, 2020||0||14|
|Monday, May 18, 2020||1||14|
|Friday, May 15, 2020||2||13|
|Thursday, May 14, 2020||3||11|
|Wednesday, May 13, 2020||1||8|
|Tuesday, May 12, 2020||1||7|
|Monday, May 11, 2020||0||6|
|Friday, May 8, 2020||0||6|
|Thursday, May 7, 2020||0||6|
|Wednesday, May 6, 2020||0||6|
|Tuesday, May 5, 2020||0||6|
|Monday, May 4, 2020||0||6|
- Vallejo reported no new cases today, remaining at a total of 310.
- Fairfield added 2 new cases today, total of 120.
- Vacaville added 3 new cases today, total of 60.
- Suisun City added 1 new case today, total of 31.
- Benicia remained at 23 cases.
- Dixon remained at 11 cases.
- Rio Vista and “Unincorporated” are still not assigned numerical data: today both remain at <10 (less than 10). The total numbers for other cities add up to 555, leaving 10 cases somewhere among the 2 locations in this “<10” category (same as last reported). Residents and city officials have pressured County officials for city case counts. Today’s data is welcome, but still incomplete.
HOSPITALIZATIONS: 88 of Solano’s 565 cases resulted in hospitalizations since the outbreak started, 1 more than yesterday. Cumulative hospitalizations is a most important stat to watch. On May 1 there were 51 hospitalizations, and the daily increase was relatively steady, adding 2 or less each day until a little over a week ago. On May 22, the County reported 4 new hospitalizations, on May 29 an additional 9, and 3 more on June 2. The County has seen 17 additional hospitalizations in just 13 days. Stay tuned!
ACTIVE CASES: 63 of the 565 cases are currently active, same as yesterday. Note that the county does not report WHERE the active cases are. Below you will see that only 11 of the active cases are currently hospitalized, which leaves 52 of these 63 active cases out in our communities somewhere, and hopefully quarantined.
HOSPITAL IMPACT: The County shows 11 of the 88 hospitalized cases are CURRENTLY hospitalized, 2 more than yesterday. The County’s count of ICU beds available and ventilator supply remains at “GOOD” at 31-100%. (No information is given on our supply of test kits, PPE and staff.)
TESTING: The County reports that 13,094 residents have been tested as of today, an increase of only 36 residents tested since yesterday. This comes after two days in a row with over 500 residents tested Not sure why, but it’s disappointing. We have a long way to go: only 2.9% of Solano County’s 447,643 residents (2019) have been tested. NOTE: State run testing sites in Vallejo and Vacaville are open to anyone.
Solano’s curve – cumulative cases as of June 4
This chart shows that the infection’s steady upward trajectory could be flattening a bit in Solano County. Still too early to tell. Our nursing homes, long-term care facilities and jails bear watching!
You must be logged in to post a comment.