City publishes new letters in 4 Parts
The City of Benicia published a monster of new public comments today, approximately 720 letters, mostly opposing crude by rail. See below.
Note: The City of Albany documents in Part 1 are especially strong, including a recommendation to “reconsider” and a strongly worded multi-page resolution opposing crude by rail.
- Public Comments October 10- October 16, 2015 Part 1
8.5MB, 200 pages, including the index to Parts 1-4, and important letters by the Shasta County Air Quality Management District (p. 18), the City of Albany, CA (p. 19), and the City of Biggs, CA (p. 25, note Biggs NOT Briggs, CA)
Public Comments October 10- October 16, 2015 Part 2
9.5MB, 230 pages
Public Comments October 10- October 16, 2015 Part 3
9.7MB, 235 pages
Public Comments October 10- October 16, 2015 Part 4
6.0MB, 106 pages.
NOTE: These pages do not make it easy to find a letter from a particular individual. The only “index” provided is at the beginning of Part 1, and it does not show page numbers or Part numbers. You will have to SEARCH on a name in Part 1, then guess in which Part that person’s letter will appear. You may approximate like this: the index of commenters’ names comprises the first 17 pages of Part 1. If your commenter’s name appears on page 1-4 of the index (top of Part 1), then the letter is likely lower in Part 1. Pages 5-9 in the index show names of commenters whose letters mostly appear in Part 2. Pages 10-14 of the index refer to letters in Part 3. The remainder, pages 15-17 in the index, are in Part 4.
- Public Comments October 3-9, 2015
The link will download a 20-page document from the City’s website, a 1.1MB download, including a very interesting letter from the City of Gridley, California (pp. 2-5 in the PDF).
- Public Comments September 26-October 2, 2015
The link will download a 297-page document from the City’s website, an 11MB download. Most of this is letters generated by the ForestEthics online comment generator. (See also the Center for Biological Diversity online letter generator.) Such support from EVERYWHERE is amazing and welcome! To find individual letters of support or opposition, just open the PDF and search on a name.
- Public Comments August 31-September 25, 2015 – A 545-page PDF. The link will download a document on the City’s website, a 20mb download. The PDF consists of:
- 2 agency requests for extension of the comment period
- 6 personal letters opposing the RDEIR and Valero’s proposal
- 2 personal letters supporting the RDEIR and Valero
- 253 letters from individuals from all over the country, generated by an online submittal form and mostly alike, also opposing the RDEIR and Valero’s proposal and received by the City on 9/25/
Comments still welcome
Your comments are encouraged and welcome until 5pm on Friday, October 30, 2015. Send your thoughts to Amy Million, Principal Planner, Benicia Community Development Department, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send your letter to Amy Million by mail: 250 East L Street, Benicia, CA 94510, or by Fax: (707) 747-1637.