Today the City of Benicia released new letters and reports on Valero Crude by Rail received by the City on April 4-5, 2016. The city’s PDF document is 19.4 MB and 456 pages. (The document is sometimes slow to download from the City’s website. A copy may be downloaded more quickly here.)
The document has an index at the top, but no page numbers. Here’s a quick guide:
- Page 2 – Association of Irritated Residents vs. Kern County Board of Supervisors ruling
- Page 8 – League of Conservation Voters East Bay
- Page 9 – Benicia Chamber of Commerce
- Page 10 – Safe Fuel and Energy Resources California (summary of the lengthy letter to follow…)
- Page 13 – Safe Fuel and Energy Resources California (on Valero’s appeal of the Planning Commission decision to deny the project)
- pp. 13-48 Attorney Rachel Koss letter
- pp. 49-315 Expert comments by Dr. Phyllis Fox (Table of Contents on pp. 50-50, Summary and Conclusions on pp. 52-54. See her report on the BenIndy here.)
- pp. 316-427 Expert comments by Environmental Biologist Scott Cashan (Report on pp. 316-324; bio on pp. 325-331; attachments on pp. 332-427.)
- Page 428 – Letter from Valero alleging a misinformation campaign [Editor’s note: look who’s talking!]
- Page 443 – Letter from California State Senator Lois Wolk
- Pages 432-456 – Individual letters for and against the appeal and the delay request.
When time allows I will break out additional significant and interesting pieces from this huge document and post on the Project Review page. Stay tuned for more!