January 21, 2022 SUMMARY: Solano County dashboard shows a literally unbelievable sudden dropoff on cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Supposedly only 42 new infections county-wide today, 6,596 in the last week. The County does report 1 previously unreported COVID-related death today, again a child of 0-17 years.
Solano Public Health COVID dashboard, Friday, January 21:
DEATHS: Solano reported 1 new death today, again someone age 0-17, an African American youth. Trending: The County reported 27 COVID deaths in September, 18 in October, 14 in November, 22 in December, and 19 already in January (55 of us have died over 66 days since the uptick beginning on November 15). A total of 370 Solano residents have now died of COVID or COVID-related causes over the course of the pandemic.
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION RATE: Solano has risen dramatically and almost daily since December 27 into an EXTREMELY HIGH transmission rate, with a total of 6,596 new cases over the last 7 days, up from only 324 a month ago. CDC FORMULA: Based on Solano County’s population, 450 or more cases in 7 days places Solano in the CDC’s population-based definition of a HIGH transmission rate. We would need to drop below 225 cases in 7 days to rate as having only MODERATE community transmission.
- Benicia supposedly added only 1 new case today, a total of 2,508 cases since the outbreak began. Even counting only that 1 new case, Benicia has seen 320 new infections in the last 7 days, far above the CDC’s HIGH rate of community transmission. >(For a city with Benicia’s population, anything over 27 cases in 7 days is considered HIGH TRANSMISSION). (see chart below). Based on Benicia population, MODERATE is defined as less than 14 cases over the last 7 days, SUBSTANTIAL is 14-27 cases, and HIGH is 28 or more cases. Benicia will need to maintain fewer than 14 new cases-per-7-days for 30 consecutive days before relaxing its mask mandate. Note above that Solano County is currently also experiencing HIGH transmission.
- Dixon supposedly added only 1 new case today, total of 3,443 cases.
- Fairfield supposedly added only 7 new cases today, total of 16,828 cases.
- Rio Vista supposedly reported only 1 new case today, total of 869 cases.
- Suisun City supposedly added only 1 new cases today, total of 4,421 cases.
- Vacaville supposedly added only 21 new cases today, a total of 15,686 cases.
- Vallejo supposedly added only 10 new cases today, a total of 20,310 cases.
- Unincorporated supposedly added no new cases today, a total of 172 cases.
POSITIVE TEST RATE: Solano County’s 7-Day Percent Positive Test Rate shot up after Christmas and has continued through today’s incredibly high 32%. COMPARE: Today the California 7-day % positive rate fell today to 16.2%. [Source: Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Tracking Center] The U.S. 7-day % positive rate fell slightly today to 26.15%. [Source: CDC COVID Data Tracker.]
CURRENT hospitalizations: rose today from 154 to 163 persons, our highest number since January 13, 2021.
ICU Bed Availability in Solano County rose from 17% at last report to 26% today, still in the Yellow danger zone.
Ventilator Availability was fell today from 63% to 61%.
HOW DOES TODAY’S REPORT COMPARE? See recent reports and others going back to April 20, 2020 in my ARCHIVE of daily Solano COVID updates (an excel spreadsheet).
>The data on this page is from the Solano County COVID-19 Dashboard. The Dashboard is full of much more information and updated Monday, Wednesday and Friday around 4 or 5pm. On the County’s dashboard, you can hover a mouse or click on an item for more information. Note the tabs at top for “Summary, Demographics” and “Vaccines.” Click here to go to today’s Solano County Dashboard.
See also my BENINDY ARCHIVE of daily Solano COVID updates (an excel spreadsheet). I have also archived the hundreds of full CORONAVIRUS REPORTS posted here almost daily on the Benicia Independent since April 2020.